Data protection principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
The kind of information we hold about you
In connection with your application for work with us, we will collect, store, and use the following categories of personal information about you:
- The information you have provided to us in your curriculum vitae and covering letter.
- The information you have provided on our application form, including name, title, address, telephone number, personal email address, date of birth, gender, employment history, qualifications, referee details
- Any information you provide to us during an interview.
- Any online test results which may be applicable
We may also collect, store and use the following "special categories" of more sensitive personal information:
- Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions.
- Information about your health, including any medical condition, health and sickness records.
- Information about criminal convictions and offences
How is your personal information collected?
We collect personal information about candidates from the following sources:
- You, the candidate.
- Disclosure and Barring Service in respect of criminal convictions if you working with vulnerable or sensitive groups of people
- Your named referees, from whom we collect the following categories of data: Confirmation or employment dates and comments on previous work performance/suitability for proposed role
How we will use information about you
We will use the personal information we collect about you to:
- Assess your skills, qualifications, and suitability for the work or role.
- Carry out background and reference checks, where applicable.
- Communicate with you about the recruitment process.
- Keep records related to our hiring processes.
- Comply with legal or regulatory requirements.
It is in our legitimate interests to decide whether to appoint you to role or work since it would be beneficial to our business to appoint someone to that role or work.
We also need to process your personal information to decide whether to enter into a contract [of employment] with you.
Having received your CV and covering letter OR your application form and any test results which may have occurred, we will then process that information to decide whether you meet the basic requirements to be shortlisted for the role. If you do, we will decide whether your application is strong enough to invite you for an interview. If we decide to call you for an interview, we will use the information you provide to us at the interview to decide whether to offer you the role or work. If we decide to offer you the role or work, we will then reserve the right to take up references AND/OR carry out a criminal record check before confirming your appointment if the position in question requires these additional checks.
If you fail to provide personal information
If you fail to provide information when requested, which is necessary for us to consider your application (such as evidence of qualifications or work history), we will not be able to process your application successfully. For example, if we require a credit check or references for this role and you fail to provide us with relevant details, we will not be able to take your application further.
How we use particularly sensitive personal information
We will use your particularly sensitive personal information in the following ways:
- We will use information about your disability status to consider whether we need to provide appropriate adjustments during the recruitment process, for example whether adjustments need to be made [during a test or interview].
- We will use information about your race or national or ethnic origin, religious, philosophical or moral beliefs, or your sexual life or sexual orientation, to ensure meaningful equal opportunity monitoring and reporting.
Information about criminal convictions
We do not envisage for the vast majority of our positions that we will process information about criminal convictions.
For the positions that do require this we will collect information about your criminal convictions history if we would like to offer you the role or work (conditional on checks and any other conditions, such as references, being satisfactory). We are entitled to carry out a criminal records check in order to satisfy ourselves that there is nothing in your criminal convictions history which makes you unsuitable for the role. In particular:
- We are legally required by the Department for Business, Energy & Industrial Strategy to carry out criminal record checks for those carrying out role or work with sensitive or vulnerable groups such as children.
- The role of Ride Operator is one which is listed on the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (SI 1975/1023)] and is also specified in the Police Act 1997 (Criminal Records) Regulations (SI 2002/233)] so is eligible for a standard check from the Disclosure and Barring Service.
- The role of Ride Operator requires a high degree of trust and integrity since it involves dealing with Children and so we would like to ask you to seek a basic disclosure of your criminal records history.
We have in place an appropriate policy document and safeguards which we are required by law to maintain when processing such data.
You will not be subject to decisions that will have a significant impact on you based solely on automated decision-making.
Why might you share my personal information with third parties?
We will only share your personal information with the following third parties for the purposes of processing your application: Utrac Online (our software provider). All our third-party service providers and other entities in the group are required to take appropriate security measures to protect your personal information in line with our policies. We do not allow our third-party service providers to use your personal data for their own purposes. We only permit them to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with our instructions.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal information from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need-to-know. They will only process your personal information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality. Details of these measures may be obtained from [insert position].
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected data security breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a suspected breach where we are legally required to do so.
How long will you use my information for?
We will retain your personal information for a period of up to 12 months after we have communicated to you our decision about whether to appoint you to role or work. We retain your personal information for that period so that we can show, in the event of a legal claim, that we have not discriminated against candidates on prohibited grounds and that we have conducted the recruitment exercise in a fair and transparent way. After this period, we will securely destroy your personal information in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
If we wish to retain your personal information on file, on the basis that a further opportunity may arise in future and we may wish to consider you for that, we will write to you separately, seeking your explicit consent to retain your personal information for a fixed period on that basis.
Rights of access, correction, erasure, and restriction
Your rights in connection with personal information
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal information (commonly known as a "data subject access request"). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- Object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal information to another party.
If you want to review, verify, correct or request erasure of your personal information, object to the processing of your personal data, or request that we transfer a copy of your personal information to another party, please contact Michael Gavin in writing.
Right to withdraw consent
When you applied for this role, you provided consent to us processing your personal information for the purposes of the recruitment exercise. You have the right to withdraw your consent for processing for that purpose at any time. To withdraw your consent, please contact Michael Gavin or Anthony Mee. Once we have received notification that you have withdrawn your consent, we will no longer process your application and, subject to our retention policy, we will dispose of your personal data securely.
Here's what our staff and customers think of us...
I've great experience working with Arc over the past few months. I can now say I’ve worked at some of the biggest venues in UK, and I am proud of what I have achieved. I recommend working for Arc as it is great flexible work for students and a good way to meet new people.
As a student in Manchester, I want to work part time to earn some extra pocket money. However, I also want the freedom to choose my shifts as I want to fit my part time work around my busy student schedule. I'm glad I'm able to do this with Arc! The staff at Arc are polite, friendly and extremely professional.
I have been with Arc for almost 6 months and really love it! I pick and choose my own shifts to work and the variations of roles is great whether you’re in the kitchens, behind the bar or out on the floor. The management team are very understanding yet professional and genuinely appreciate the effort you put in!
Working for Arc is always fun - I do casual work for them around my studies at events. The staff are always friendly and the pay is very good. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking for flexible work!
I started working closely with the team at Arc over four years ago, as the allocation of staffing awarded to them for our Christmas sites grew to over 60% across the UK – due to the great work they had done over all the previous years.
We have a great working relationship which we are proud to have developed with not only the company Directors, but their whole hospitality team. We trust everyone at Arc to always be honest with us, and by knowing they will be, it gives us the confidence to reach out to them when we take on new projects.
When we were awarded the contract to provide the hospitality services on the Isle of Man for their world-famous TT races, I didn’t hesitate to contact Paul at Arc immediately for help and advice and to find a way to work together on such an exciting project. We needed to have alongside us a team which we trusted would go the extra mile and ensure we delivered the best service possible,
I knew the team at Arc would go above and beyond … and they didn’t disappoint! We had to move quickly, and they rose to the challenge – flying out to the island to host meetings and interviews, logistics planning, joining us on site for training days and then being at the events with us, from start to finish, to ensure everything came together.
You can plan the best events and organise everything to the finest detail… but it really is about the staff, they may be the only person our customers and client speak to at an event so we need to have the confidence they represent what we believe in and the service standards which want to deliver.. and Arc’s team did just that!
Senior Operations Manager, Best Parties Ever
We have been working with Arc for a couple of years now and I am pleased to say that our experience has been very positive. We highly rely on Arc for their experienced bar staff and plate waiters. Their staff is of great quality and many have had the chance to progress in their career to team leaders as well as managers. We have such a good relationship because communication flows easily and our expectations are always met if not exceeded.
Senior Staffing Coordinator, Sodexo
“Since 2010, we have tasked Arc with managing the recruitment for all our seasonal and temporary staff throughout the year. That’s everything from advertising, recruitment, interviews, selection, induction and payroll. They give us a 7-day operation so if we need a member of staff at short notice, they are a phone call away. Arc offer outstanding value for money. They deliver on quality, value and service and we will happily use Arc in the future"
Head of Visitor Services, Knowsley Safari Park
"On my first shift everyone made me feel welcome and I quickly got the hang of what we were doing. The Christmas parties are the best shifts ever because it’s very fun and you get to know everyone and they make you feel welcome. This is now my second year working Arc and I couldn’t thank them enough for everything they do! If it weren’t for Arc I wouldn’t be where I am now with loads of different opportunities!"
Get in touch
If you have a question and want to speak to someone from your local Arc office, then please select the appropriate office contact details in the banner above.
If you are a client with a general enquiry and you would rather message us, then please get in touch using the form below or click the relevant office location above. If you are a candidate looking to apply then please click the apply now button and complete our online application form.
Looking forward to hearing from you!